Stumbling On Wins in Basketball

Stumbling On Wins in Basketball

4.11 - 1251 ratings - Source

This is the eBook version of the printed book. Like what you've read? Get more in Stumbling On Wins: Two Economists Expose the Pitfalls on the Road to Victory in Professional Sports (9780132357784) by David J. Berri and Martin B. Schmidt. Available in print and digital formats. In basketball, spending explains less than 10% of the variation in wins. Discover what explains the other 90%! In basketball, success takes more than money. From 1997-98 to 2003-04, the Knicks finished either first or second in payrolla€”and won only six more games than they lost. Their a€œaveragenessa€ led them to hire Isiah Thomas. Few people knew more about basketball. Thomasa€™s path to disaster began with his first move: sending several players and draft picks to the Suns for players, including Stephon Marbury.choice in the 2006 NBA draft, and he went on to lead all rookies in shot attempts. Unfortunately, Morrisona#39;s only apparent skill was taking shots. His adjusted field goal percentage of 42.2% was well below average for an NBA small forward.

Title:Stumbling On Wins in Basketball
Author:David Berri, Martin Schmidt
Publisher:Pearson Education - 2010-04-08


You Must CONTINUE and create a free account to access unlimited downloads & streaming