... buildings were presumably near the ford, after which the village was named and by which an east-west road crossed the river. ... A long east- west service wing was built on the west in the early 19th century; later in the century a two- storeyed bay window was added on the south front and the ... South of Manor Farm the Crown inn was open from 1851 or earlier59 to c. ... Dept. of Environment, list of bldgs. of hist. interest (1987). 54 P.R.O., IR 30/38/105. 55 O.S. Map 6aquot;, Wilts. LX. SE.
|Title||:||The Victoria History of Wiltshire...|
|Author||:||Ralph Bernard Pugh|